Saturday, May 24, 2014

Food

One of the most common topics of conversation amongst thru hikers is food.  Yes, it's all about the food.  What are you eating for dinner? For lunch?  Can I taste that?  Yummy, this is the best of my dehydrated dinners yet!  What are you craving in town?  I can't wait to get ice cream.  And on and on.  I like to make up silly songs about food.  This hike I added dehydrated veges from Harmony House to my dinner creations and used a variety of spices.  I've been very happy with the results.  My favorite dinner so far was a yellow curry dish.  My favorite town food is the green chili cheeseburger.  My favorite trail snack is the salted caramel hazelnut spread on a granola bar.  Hiker hunger is a beast but it's great to be able to eat as much as I want.  I try not to go to overboard though.  I lost 25 pounds when I hiked the PCT but I learned a lot from it so this hike I've been able to stay at a healthy weight.
Pounce and I ended up taking an unanticipated zero day in Cuba.  By the time we got our town chores done it was afternoon and more thunderstorms were coming in.  We weren't going to hike out in bad weather.  So we will be getting up very early tomorrow to make tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment