Friday, May 16, 2014

A Leisurely Walk

Aah the Toaster House.  I slept so good.  I was warm.  I could have stayed in my bed forever but the smell of coffee was wafting up the stairs which started my tummy grumbling and my bladder complaining.  I got up.  
Nita, the owner of the house stopped by and gave Pounce and I a short tour of Pie Town, then dropped us at the post office to mail a bounce box up the trail.  Pie Town has a windmill museum and is one of several Very Long Distance Arrays (giant antenna) located around the country.
We are taking two alternates between here and Grants.  The first is the Cebolla Wilderness, which is 50.1 miles.  We only planned to do 15 miles today because the Thomas Ranch welcomes hikers to get water from their well and camp in their yard.  So we left after 10 am and just walked at a liesurely pace.  We hadn't gone too far when a county truck pulled up alongside us.  It was Sheridan! He chatted with us a bit and wished us well.  Too funny.  Yes, we are still walking on roads.  We had some nice views of the Sawtooth range though as we walked and we picked a scenic spot for lunch.  
Otherwise the landscape is miles of ranch land with short stubby trees.  The dirt however has changed color from gray to brown to rust.  Meet donkey at the ranch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment