Wednesday, May 28, 2014

An Unexpected Zero

My package did not arrive as expected but UPS assured me that it will arrive tomorrow.  And so we are taking an unplanned zero.  There have been a lot of zeros!  But Ghost Ranch is a great place and cheap.  Due to snow ahead there's no hurry and since we have packages in Chama there's no point in getting there on the weekend.
I had a delicious breakfast in the cafeteria, toured the Paleontology and anthropology museums, and checked out the library.  
The museums detailed digs on Ghost Ranch property including a small dinosaur excavation that is international recognized as the largest and very significant.  Cool stuff!  Also lots of ice cream provided for hikers from Kale, a cook here.  Also fun to see friends hike in.  
Best zero ever!
Here is a video shot at our campground. Film credits go to Pounce.  Ok app won't let me access my video so go to my Facebook page to view.  

1 comment: