Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tying Up Loose Ends

I'm on the #44 bus to work for the last time and I can't help but think about how much has been crammed into the last few weeks.  It's been stressful at times.  Planning a thru hike is a logistical challenge.  Where do you send your resupply boxes?  What kind of food? How much food? Mileage. Routes. Cost? Water.  Some people approach this with spreadsheets of calories per ounce, protein to fat ratios, and daily mileage with every detail meticulously choreographed.  Others are more laissez faire and just "wing it".  I'm somewhere in the middle.  
This last week I've been slowly tying up loose ends.  I fixed the CDT info tab on the blog.  I got a PO Box. I put my stuff in storage and moved out of my home.  I finished my resupply boxes. They're numbered and labeled and the calendar is marked.  Work is the same.  A year ago today I started my job as office manager for a small physical therapy clinic.  The PT is retiring. The practice is sold.  So we are tying up loose ends to transition the practice to the new therapists.  
I'm almost to my stop on 5th and Washington and I feel.. relaxed, relieved, and building excitement.  The planning is done!  And tomorrow I get to visit my sister & her family for a few days and meet my new nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment