Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lordsburg Part 2

A trail journal and thru hike is not just about what happens on the trail.  It's also about the space in between.  Day 6 with only 25 miles done I've been relearning what it means to be patient and in the moment while hiking.  It's all part of the adventure.
So I woke up this morning feeling energized & normal.  Head cold is gone save for some lingering congestion.  So I headed to Family Dollar looking for a book, puzzle, craft or inspiration.  I found permanent markers.  Inspiration found in an 8 color set.  Back at the hotel Southern and Data, from my PCT hike had arrived, which was great.  My project is decorating my hiking pants with both CDT & PCT logos and having every hiker I meet sign them.  Yep, feeling better.  Tomorrow I'll be on the trail again!

No comments:

Post a Comment