Monday, March 24, 2014

Forest Park

After a quick 10 min walk from work I can leave the city behind & be immersed in a magical forest.  At least it's magical to me.  Nearly 300 steps lead through NW Portland neighborhoods to a winding residential road lined with large homes.  Follow this road and you come to the Cumberland trailhead which in turn connects to the Wildwood trail in Forest Park.  This is my place for early morning runs and weekend hikes.  It has a network of trails that connect to the main Wildwood trail which zigs and zags through the center of the park.  To learn more check out the website here:  forestparkconservancy.org.  Sunday I loaded my pack up and did a training hike.  However it was such a beautiful day I just meandered slowly soaking up the sun.  Here's a picture of the stairs complete with "false summit".

No comments:

Post a Comment