Monday, April 28, 2014

Finding My Way

After a sleepless night I woke up early, packed up, and headed out for more of the same cross country travel.  Route finding with no trail is mentally tiring.  Thankfully I has a beacon to follow, Pyramid Peak.  
Heading towards it and using my gps for course corrections, I successfully reached the canyon where there was a road that circumnavigated the peak.  There were some interesting rock formations, more jack rabbits, and tanks with green water.  I saw a herd of cows, and then just when I needed it, a windmill that piped clean well water.  
Shortly after that I arrived at the last water box on Animas road.  Then it was a 5 mile road walk into Lordsburg.  I made it!  This has been the most challenging and difficult hiking I've ever done.  I didn't see another person for two days.  It was beautiful and enjoyable though and I'll continue on tomorrow.
The pizza next to the hotel is delicious by the way!  Here's another view of Pyramid Peak from under a shady tree in the canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment