Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Positives

So yesterday was rough, and I woke up still sick and crummy.  To balance that post here is a list of positives:
1. The sunsets and sunrises have been beautiful with hues of pink and purple.
2.  The stars.
3.  I've done well with my electrolyte replacement and water drinking.
4.  My umbrella!  Yesterday would have been unhikeable without it.
5.  I'm proud of my navigation and decision making.  
6.  My feet are doing great with the exception of two tiny blisters.
7.  My Altra Lone Peak shoes.
8.  Awesome support by the CDTA!
9.  The Econo Lodge & staff in Lordsburg who have been generous, welcoming, and kind. 
10.  The trail itself which is crazy, beautiful, & challenging.
I made the hard decision to get off trail & take care of this cold.  So I wished my hiking friends good luck and waited at the Hwy 81 cache for the trail angel to come & refill it.  I rode back with him.  So I'm back in Lordsburg, and on the mend.  

1 comment:

  1. Get some rest! You've been pushing so hard. All that dust can't help either. How's your shoulder?

    ReplyDelete