Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tick Country

The map notes say there are ticks in the basin.  There are a lot of ticks!  They really give me the heebee geebees.  I'm constantly inspecting especially before bed which is when I usually find them.  It was really windy today which made it hard to walk but kept us cool.  My stride probably looked more like a drunken stumble than a walk.  We saw more horses and towards the end of the day trees.  There are also a lot of flowers adding color to the landscape.  
We are seeing more hills and rocks.  There has also been plenty of water today.  
In the evening we descended down to the valley floor.  I'm not sure if that means we are out of the basin or not though.

1 comment:

  1. How's the tent setup with all the wind and so little shade? I've been watching your spot posts. It's cool to see the google view and then the pictures!

    ReplyDelete