Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lake City, CO

It was a good town day full of the usual chores but with a small mountain town, laid back vibe.  Sailor, Alfredo, and Neighbor left in the morning to get back on trail.  The Ravens Rest hostel is full of hikers and it's been fun to meet new people and catch up with old ones.  My shoes were not in my resupply box like I hoped. They are in a box going to Twin Lakes 200 or so miles away.  My current shoes are falling apart.  So I had to order a pair to be sent to Silverton which is our next stop.  Because of shipping times we will stay here another day.
I'm really glad we stayed here!  All the chores were done so it was all about relaxing, exploring the town, and calling family.  I met a retired antiques dealer outside his daughter's shop and he shared a lot with me about the town and a historic building.  Back at the hostel Ursa Major was playing a guitar and Trouble was singing.  
She has a great voice.  The hostel had an African drum so I grabbed it and joined in.  It was fun and Trouble has written a hiking song in the desert so we played it and then my trail song.  It was open mic night at the coffee shop next door so we decided to participate.  It was outdoors, the air was cool, a slight breeze was rustling the leaves in the trees and blowing ash from the fire pit.  We all just listened to some talented musicians play enjoying the music.  There was even a fire going in the fire pit.  Our songs were well received and it was a ton of fun!

1 comment: