Thursday, June 19, 2014

Let it Rain

I slept surprisingly well and woke to sunshine.  Unfortunately it was not to last.  It got cold, dark, and windy.  I put all of my layers on.  There's been a lot of traffic on the road because they're doing construction.  So when a truck drove up I didn't think much but then it stopped and out jumped Sailor and Alfredo.  Sailor is feeling much better and we were happy to see them.  Shortly after it started raining.  It rained the rest of the morning and afternoon.  I was uncomfortable and miserable.  We all were.  But I took stock and realized I was warm, dry, and my layers were breathing well.  Walk on.  Pounce used to be in construction so she was explaining all the heavy equipment to us and what they were doing.  So the day passed and slowly the rain stopped.  A little later the sun came out and we could stop for a real break.  One of the work trucks stopped and gave us water and fruit.  Trail magic!  Finally the wind died down and it became a nice evening walk.  The landscape has changed dramatically.  We are in Medicine Bow National Forest in the hills.  There are trees, aspen and pine, and we are gaining elevation approaching a smaller mountain range.

No comments:

Post a Comment