Friday, August 22, 2014

Tourists

We visited Old Faithful, ate lunch at the Yellowstone Inn, checked out the mud pots and a couple of waterfalls.  
Lots of driving made for stiff muscles but it was a fun day.  Nugio and Firepit were with us.  Then it was dinner back at the RV with Sleeping Bare.  It stopped raining and warmed up.  Yesterday I was so cold it felt like I'd never be warm again.  This time in the hike is when the mental aspect of a thru hike gets tough.  I know it's seeped into my blogposts especially since I have to get off trail for a bit so close to the end.  But the rain does stop, the sun shines, the shoes and socks dry out.  I'm determined.  I got this.  So does Pounce.  One step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Helicopter: If ever you were inclined to leave the trail, call me first. OK? We had a deal.

    Easy Miles

    ReplyDelete