Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Southbound Complete

It feels so great to finally be back at Wolf Creek Pass.  It took almost a month.  We hiked the last two miles this morning and I would have run down the trail if I could.  Once at the pass it took an hour to get a ride but it was a good one.  He took us all the way to Salida!  Once in Salida we were getting our resupply at Family Dollar when a spry 93 year old woman approached me and asked if I was homeless and could she help.  She was so nice.  I explained waist we were doing and chatted with her a bit.  We are staying at the Simple Lodge and Hostel where there are several Colorado Trail hikers but no CDTers.  It's a nice hostel, clean and friendly.  It feels so good to rest and relax.  My legs need it.  I'm excited to be back heading north and looking forward to the next section.

No comments:

Post a Comment