Thursday, July 17, 2014

Half the Battle

Sometimes getting back on trail is half the battle.  I didn't want to go, nor did I want to stay.  Except I did.  Partly due to the weather, it was raining, partly due to the hostel being so homey, I wasn't feeling like hiking.  The hostel owner took a group back to the trail by the time it was our turn the rain had stopped.  So we went.  We got on trail and we hiked.  It was a really enjoyable hike this afternoon.  It didn't rain and the trail was easy.  We climbed up towards Kelso pass and stopped early.  Reason being that there was 6 miles of exposed above tree line trail ahead and not enough daylight to cross it.  In addition weather was moving in.  Hikeaholic continued.  Pounce and I stopped.  A hailstorm came through and it was fierce.  I hope Hikeaholic is ok.  It's still raining hard but the thunder and lightening has stopped at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment