Sunday, February 23, 2014

Overview

It's really happening.  I'm hiking the Continental Divide Trail!  I'm so excited.  Ever since hiking the Pacific Crest Trail I've been thinking about the CDT.  I figured it would be a while before I could do another long trail.  However, with my job ending due to my employer retiring the opportunity is here.  I have the gear and the time.  So this blog, "Dispatches From the Trail" will document my adventure.  I hope you enjoy it and perhaps get inspired to go for a hike yourself, whether it be for a day or longer.
I also want to put in a plug for Oregon Active.  They are a great organization that I recently discovered.  Right away it felt like a good fit for my hike and this blog to support.  They are a non-profit that provides Adventure Therapy for people in the community "affected by life challenging conditions".  Visit their site, meet the people they mentor.  Thier stories are inspiring.  Check out their programs and become a member, volunteer, or donate.  They simply rock.
And...Let the planning and preparing begin!  I haven't settled on a date yet but it will be mid April after the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment