Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's Scheduled!

Today I reserved my spot on the shuttle to Crazy Cook, the start of the CDT.  April 21 is it!  It's exciting to have a definite date and finding out what other hikers are starting at the same time.  But amidst all of the planning there's a lot going on.  My nephew is getting married in Florida this weekend so I'm flying down, my sister is having a baby in a couple of weeks & I'll be spending a week helping her out, I'm researching possibilities post trail, helping my boss complete the sale of his medical practice and more.  So I'm thankful for this blog which gives me a moment to ponder.
I've been thinking about a lot. Change. Adventure. Uncertainty. It can be scary & exciting both, whether it be retirement or a long walk.  But I feel mostly eager anticipation for what lies ahead.  I've been really touched by the well wishes and interest I've received from our patients at the physical therapy clinic where I work, and other people in our building.  Having friends, roommates, family, and everyone else be a part of my hike means a lot.  So I will attempt to document all the ups & downs, sunshine & storms, mountains & deserts, characters and ensuing hilarity with you all.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment